For a while Tony had been putting new things he learned up onto his blog. Well I learned something new at the weekend. Scombrotoxin poisoning occurs between 1 and 3 hours of eating scombroid fish, for example mackerel. The microbes that contaminate the fish produce histamine from tryptophan and it is the histimine that causes symptoms such as hot flushing, headache and diarrhoea in the foolish people who eat the fish.
Next time I’d like learn about food poisoning from a book rather than by eating mackerel that had been sitting in the car for too long.