I’m going on holiday on Tuesday. Last year Marty bought me a Kindle. I love books but I didn’t want an electronic book reader. I had looked at these before and thought the page refresh rate was too slow for the speed at which I read fiction. But the Kindle has improved and I’m in love. It’s a magic device that can hold up to 3,500 books that fits into my handbag.
The last time I went on holiday I had 12 books in my suitcase and 2 in my handbag. This time I’m going to put my Kindle in my handbag and a couple of books in the suitcase. I’ll also have to carry the charger for the Kindle. I know that the battery life should last but I don’t want to risk running out of books because I’ve run out of power.
I haven’t completely sorted out my book list yet, but I’m planning on reading the following books:
- Snoop, Sam Gosling
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson
- A Mind of its Own: How your brain distorts and deceives, Cordelia Fine
- Nefertiti, Michelle Moran
- Wolfsbane, Patricia Briggs
- The Passage: A Novel, Justin Cronin
- The Maeve Binchy Writers’ Club, Maeve Binchy
- Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
- Walking the Witch, Kelley Armstrong
- Little Women, Louise M Alcott